What Safety system do we have?
An Integrated environmental, quality and management system.
What does this mean?
New Era Total is committed to providing a safe, healthy and diverse workplace encompassing a philosophy of protecting Australia’s ecosystems and conserving and reusing it’s natural, manufactured and cultural resources.
Why do we do this?
- New Era Total recognises that our staff are our most valuable asset, and their safety and health is of utmost importance.
ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety is the new safety management system standard for organisations wanting to achieve and demonstrate sound Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) / Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) performance (superseding AS 4801:2001 and ISO18001).
- Our conformance and certification to these standards mean that our organisation has implemented a system of Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Control (HIRAC), demonstrating employer due diligence and our commitment to employees, customers, community, and statutory and regulatory bodies.
- All New Era Total work is conducted within the parameters of our company WHS Policy and Management System, and we utilise a range of task-related Safe Work Methods Statements (SWMS) for all on-site works. All site staff have completed basic WHS training (‘White Card’) and receive a site-specific safety induction prior to commencing a new project. Many of our staff hold additional technical qualifications such as chemical handling, chainsaw, and machinery operation. New Era Total is certified ISO 45001:2018. Our management systems don’t just tick boxes for safety and compliance, they make real improvements to our business.
- We engage with our employees to develop and implement quality assurance systems that work for our organisation.
- Our ISO management system not only meets certification requirements, it streamlines our operational processes to achieve productivity and cost benefits associated with process improvements.
Part 1/3 of our Safety Matter Series